The 2nd edition of Developing for Extended Dynamic Range provides instruction in a variety of techniques for working with contrast balance in single exposures as well as multiple exposure blending.
Video files are large! Three separate zip file downloads: 96MB, 675MB and 995MB
NOTE: These videos do not come with the TKActions panel. The TKActions panel is purchased as a separate item through the Tutorials page, along with my other video courses.
Video series includes:
- Evaluating dynamic range.
- If, when and how to bracket exposures
- Raw adjustments and Photoshop adjustments for better dynamic range balance in single exposures.
- High dynamic range 32bit processing using Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Advanced exposure blending techniques in Photoshop using selections and masks: Simple, complex, forests, water, nighttime cityscape, architectural interiors, trees against sky.
- Instruction in the use of luminosity selections and luminosity masks for making tonal adjustments and complex exposure blending. Luminosity masks can be generated by hand, but the TKActions panel is much faster and easier.
While the 2nd edition covers the same core concepts for developing high dynamic range images as the originals, it really is an entirely new video series. All chapters were recorded from scratch and include current information and new images. They videos demonstrate my up to date techniques and are even more extensive than the originals. The updated videos are also higher resolution, have better sound and feature Lightroom 5 and Photoshop CC 2014.
Note: Basic proficiency with Photoshop is highly recommended. These tutorials do not teach how to use HDR software. They also do not cover all aspects of Luminosity Masks. They focus mostly on exposure blending applications. For more on using luminosity mask techniques check out The Complete Guide to Luminosity Masks.
The series includes:
36 video chapters
Over 6 hours of instruction
1440x900 HD resolution